2018 Guide to Skin Care
2018 Guide to Skin Care
Proper skin care routine should be followed in all ages of one’s life. Skin is the largest organ of the human body and exposed to the outside pollution, dust, germs and climatic changes all the time. Puberty brings in a host of problems to one’s skin. Pimples, boils, zits and other such problems erupt in puberty and these if left untreated, may result in permanent skin damage. As one ages, the skin loses its elasticity and the ability to make collagen. Collagen is responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Dry weather results in dry skin, itchy and flaky and the skin loses moisture in the winter months. Summer months result in exposure to scorching heat of the sun which damages the skin. All these problems make the skin look dull.
One has to follow a good skin care routine which differs according to the age and climatic conditions. The following listed are few skin care tips which one should follow in all ages of one’s life:
- Day moisturizer: A day moisturizer is comparatively lighter than a night moisturizer. One should select a moisturizer according to one’s skin type. A proper moisturizing routine keeps the skin soft and supple as continuous exposure to climate makes the skin lose a lot of water.
- Night cream: The skin rejuvenates in the night when the person sleeps. It is at night time that a new skin layer comes up from beneath the layers of dead skin cells. A thicker cold cream at night provides proper nourishment to this new skin and makes it soft and glowing.
- Anti-ageing: A good anti-ageing cream slows down the process of ageing by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The anti-ageing cream is full of essential anti-oxidants for the skin which help in reversing the process of ageing and also boost the synthesis of collagen in the skin. One should find out about the best wrinkle cream suiting one’s skin type and start applying it to postpone the process of ageing and look younger.
- Sun-Block: a good sun block cream is essential to apply even if the person is indoors to prevent the damage caused by the free radicals in the skin. 3LAB PERFECT BB SPF 40 BROAD SPECTRUM is a good option for an effective sun block cream. This cream is available online from com at reasonable rates.
- Skin care routine: one should follow a proper skin care routine to ensure a healthy looking skin. This involves the following points:
- Drink lots of water to hydrate the skin
- Scrub weekly to ensure the removal of dead skin cells
- Eat a balanced diet to ensure that the skin gets all the essential nutrients
- Eat plenty of seasonal fruits and vegetables to maintain the health of the skin
- Practice yoga or other exercises to de-stress the mind and the body
- Ensure eight hours of sleep to relax and rejuvenate the mind and the body.
If the above mentioned points are all followed properly, then one can easily get good skin. Skin care is not a complex process and one can easily fall into a healthy pattern of skin care which will also help in the overall health of the body along with the skin.